2017 Ben Dunning Annual Golf Outing
Saturday, August 26, 2017
Oxmoor Valley Golf Course
100 SunBelt Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35211
7:00 am– Golf Registration
8:00 am- Shotgun Start
9:30 am– Bean bag & Bingo
12:00 pm– Lunch
1:00 pm– Door Prizes
Raffle tickets will be sold for a chance to win a Goldens’ grill.
Tickets are $25 for 1 or $100 for 5
Tee Box Ads:
Tee Box Advertising is available for foundries & suppliers. This is a quality, color sign bearing your company name & logo. Cost is $100.
Contact Patti Buksa at email@example.com.
From the Desk of the Chapter Chairman
On behalf of the Officers and Board of Directors, I would like to welcome everyone back for the 2017-2018 Birmingham Chapter year. The directors and Committee Chairmen have already been diligently working on plans for this year.
We have been thinking of new ways to best serve our membership and will start the year off with a technical session on 3D printing technology and simulation software on August 25th at UAB. The technical session will be followed by a reception at the Doubletree in Birmingham. The Ben Dunning Picnic and Golf outing will be held the next morning at Oxmoor Valley which is part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. Please register as soon as possible because there are a maximum number of golfers that will be allowed.
We will be traveling to many different locations within our area this year and plan to have more technical sessions along with our regular meetings. If there is any particular topic that you are interested in, please contact a member of the chapter education committee.
We are also excited to host the AFS Southeastern Regional at Point Clear, AL in March. Please book your rooms soon in preparation for that.
A special thanks to all our financial contributors. Without you we could not sponsor Foundry in a Box, college chapter support, educational opportunities, college scholarships, etc..
2017—2018 Chapter Chairman
AFS August Meeting and Techincal Session Tentative Schedule
- Lunch with Review of Objectives for Technical Session
- MPAD Tour of Foundry and Equipment
- 3D Printed Patterns Presentation Danko/Alliant
- 3D Process simulation Presentation Monroe and Kerry Bisset
- Hands on Lab Production University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
- Includes lunch, presentations, materials, proceeds go the UAB, and social reception at Doubletree
- Missile Bracket: existing pattern, may be able to modify the gating system, aluminum pour
- Spirit wedge: Campbell based gating system, also can pour down open riser, showing tur-bulence
- Bend bar mold: two bend bars, can use chills, filters, etc. more limited in gating choices
Reception and Lodging Information
Please call (205)933-9000 to book your room.
The following net, non-commissionable guest room rates are available:
Single Rate: $109
Double Rate: $109
Above rates are subject to the prevailing occupancy tax, currently at 17.50%.
Additional Adult guest room occupants greater than two per room subject to $15.00 for each additional person added to the guest room rate.