2021 AFS Southeast Regional
Join us for the 88th AFS Southeastern Regional Conference, presented by the Birmingham Chapter American Foundry Society. The 2021 Southeastern Regional is scheduled for March 17th through March 18th, 2021, at the stunning coastal location of The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa in Point Clear, AL. Blocks of rooms will be available March 16th - 18th.
The 2021 SE Regional format will boost multiple accommodations for guest and vendors alike:
The Grand at Point Clear
One Grand Boulevard
Point Clear, Alabama 36564
Rooms must be booked by Tuesday, February 16, 2021 to secure the group rate.
A full refund (less processing fees) will be issued for cancellation five (5) days prior to the SE Regional. A refund of fifty-percent of registration fees (less processing fees) will be issued for cancellation within five (5) days prior to the SE Regional.
Vice President of Marketing at Charlotte Pipe and Foundry
A senior marketing and communications strategist with more than thirty years of experience in public and corporate affairs, international and government relations, manufacturing and business marketing, crisis management and training, and more.
He spent nearly a decade in Washington, DC, including stints with the U.S. State Department and Edelman Worldwide, the largest public relations and public affairs agency in the world.
Currently leads marketing, corporate communications and government affairs for Charlotte Pipe and Foundry Company, a fifth-generation, family-owned domestic manufacturer based in North Carolina. Founded in 1901, Charlotte Pipe and Foundry is the leading U.S. producer of cast iron and plastic pipe and fittings for plumbing systems.
Dr. Celina Peerman
Breaking Down Silos and Barriers - Effective Communication Practices in Today's Manufacturing Matrix Organization
Continuously shifting priorities, urgency levels, shifts, and departments strain communication even more. Update your practices by mapping out communication plans, securing shift transitions, and recognizing better communication tools. Understand how we move from silos to shared responsibility. See new ways to work across teams so communication flows better from vendors/suppliers through the organization and ultimately, in the delivery to customer. Leave with an action plan that can be applied after the session is complete.
In order to ensure the safety and well being of guests, The Grand has implemented a comprehensive list of new safety guidelines and protocols throughout the resort in all departments. These currently include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All staff wear PPE (masks, and gloves where appropriate)
- All staff have completed extensive training in Cleanliness, new Food and Beverage serving standards, and more
- Social distancing requirements exist in all areas of the resort indoors
- It is mandatory for all guests to wear masks while indoors at the resort
- All public areas/space are cleaned/sanitized every two hours
- All guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned/sanitized between guest stays extensively (this takes several hours)
- Housekeeping attendants are not allowed inside guest rooms while occupied to clean – however, towels and bathroom amenities are replenished daily upon request, and handed to the guest by the Associate
- Room Service orders are delivered to the door and handed to the guest with no contact (gloves are worn)
- Meeting room sets have been revised to allow for social distancing – 1 person at every six foot table for classroom set (or hollow square); 6 persons at every round table (we use 72 inch rounds)
- Banquet service and food and beverage presentations have been revised – Grand Associates serve buffets, individual items are pre-wrapped, plated meals are suggested vs. buffets, etc (please see hyperlink below)
- Pad, paper, pens are no longer placed on tables